Soft lips better life- how to protect your lips?
Lips are one of the best features on one’s face. But without proper care and protection, one may lose the glow in their lips. Some of these healthy solutions to take best care of that smile are.
We live in an age where there are cosmetics and treatments available to enhance any body part. From nose reduction, to breast implants; everything is available. The famous Bollywood Actor, Anushka Sharma, was in the paparazzi after undergoing a Lip Enhancement surgery. Due to the ever increasing number of cosmetics available to the people, they are forgetting the simple home remedies which were used before the age of cosmetics. These remedies are simple, affordable, and healthy. Lips are one of the best features on one’s face. But without proper care and protection, one may lose the glow in their lips.
Some of these healthy solutions to take best care of that smile are:
- Smoking is a major reason why the darkening of the lips happens. Sure it may seem that it does not affect your lips at all, but in due time, the nicotine will work its “magic” and your lips will start losing their glow. Besides healthy pink lips, quitting cigarettes may also result in a glowing face, healthy lungs, and if you are a sports person, you may just go that extra mile which smoking never let you reach.
- It is very important to keep them lips moist and hydrated. Whenever you are travelling or out in the sun, be sure to apply some petroleum jelly or sun protection. If your lips do not stay hydrated, they will dry up resulting in cracked and unkempt lips. Now we wouldn’t want that, would we?
- Besides keeping your lips hydrated, it is equally important to keep your body hydrated as well; which means, high consumption of water, fruit juices, or raw fruits. It is very important to keep the body juices high so that the body processes run efficiently and one doesn’t get dehydrated.
- If you come home and wash your face after a long and tiring day commuting from one place to the other, why aren’t you doing the same for your lips? Because of the dirt and pollution, your lips get dry and require cleaning. So every night when you brush your teeth, brush your lips too. This will help you remove the dry skin of off it and also keep your lips tender and soft.
- Some of us are addicted to smoking or drinking, but some of us are also addicted to a less injurious addiction; that of caffeine. Excess consumption of tea or coffee may also result in darkening of your lips. So if you cannot kick start your day without a cup of espresso, you should turn to yoga. Coffee and tea will not only darken your lip shade, but will also stain your teeth. Imagine what that smile would like then.
- If you are trying to save money on those lip cosmetics, then you are just asking for trouble. Prolonged and excessive use of low quality cosmetics result in pigmentation of lips. Always be sure of what you buy and what its contents are. For e.g. if your lipstick contains Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, etc., then it is what you should be purchasing.