PANIC ATTACKS IN WOMEN
It is more likely that women have to cope with delays in the diagnosis of an anxiety attack compare to men. This is partly due to the fact that women tend to wait longer than men. Before consulting their doctor or go to the emergency room, and partly to the fact that. It is sometimes more difficult to diagnose an attack among women than among men.
- Women are more likely to have unusual symptoms of an anxiety than men. Such as pain in the neck and shoulder, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and shortness of breath.
- Women experience more often than men with chest pain not related to anxiety disorder. Such as chest pain due to spasm of the oesophagus.
- Men are more likely than women to have typical findings on ECG, which can rapidly diagnose a heart attack.
- Women are more likely to suffer angina caused by spasm of the coronary arteries or the condition of the smaller arteries. When performing a cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography, coronary arteries appear normal, and therefore these disorders go undetected.
- Overall, the coronary arteries of women are smaller than those of men. They are more easily blocked.
- Women are more often misleading results, or a false positive, non-invasive exam used to detect coronary artery disorder than men.
Symptoms of a anxiety attack
Although the symptoms of a anxiety attack can sometimes be vague and light. Remember that anxiety attacks whose symptoms are mild or unnoticeable and can be as serious risk to life threatening as an attack causing great pain in the chest. Too often, people attribute the symptoms of an anxiety attack to indigestion, fatigue or stress, and therefore they wait before getting medical attention. We cannot over emphasize the importance of getting immediate medical attention. If you experience symptoms of a heart attack. Diagnosis and early treatment saves lives, while delay before seeing a doctor can be fatal. Delayed treatment can permanently destroy the anxiety tissue.
Prevent panic attacks
When you wish to prevent panic attacks you need to find out what activities will allow you to calm down. If you believe in yoga, than you could do the program often to keep your mind and body calm. If there are activities that you like and they raise your mood then you should do them more frequently. You should additionally open up to another person that you trust completely. A problem shared is a problem solved and you could speak to a psychiatrist or perhaps a counsellor and even a close friend and prevent experiencing these attacks. It is essential that you don’t pull away from society for fear of these attacks. This morbid fear is among the causes of such attacks and if you are afflicted with extreme symptoms and you’re alone, it might be fatal.
Overwhelming anxiety is the main cause of such attacks and you should pay attention to situations or places that make you become anxious. Situations that might have caused you great emotional pain must be avoided. You’ll be able to prevent panic attacks by recognizing different external triggers that do not come from your conscious thought. Many people have been known to experience these attacks by simply visiting a place. Where they unfortunately lost a loved one. You might feel that you’ll get closure from going to these kinds of places. But they could just cause you to have an attack.
There’s prescription medication you can take to calm you down. But it really is recommende for you to use natural approaches instead of medicate yourself.